Menu Ideas from Procook
Chicken and Spring Vegetable Pie
Use the brand new Spring Brights casserole dish for this tasty seasonal dish.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 250 g fresh spinach
- 400 g cooked skinless chicken thighs (shredded)
- 320 ml chicken stock (hot)
- ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 500 g frozen peas
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Slice the spring onions into 3cm pieces.
- Heat the oil in your pan over a medium heat before adding the spring onions. Fry for 3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to wilt and reduce in size.
- Pour the shredded chicken into the pan and stir through the hot stock and mustard.
- Simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, crème fraîche and parsley before removing from the heat.
- Scrunch the three filo sheets over the mixture, brush with oil and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until golden brown.