Jet off around the world with Lakeside Village this summer
Lakeside Village is embarking on a globe-hopping adventure this summer – and you’re invited!
We’re excited to reveal that each week of the summer holidays, Lakeside Village will be transformed into a different destination from around the world, with a host of fun activities, themed street food and entertainment to suit all ages, throughout.
- Australia: Saturday 22 July – We’re kick-starting the six week voyage with a trip Down Under, when visitors will have the chance to put their wave-riding skills to the test on our surf simulator (available Saturday 22 July) and sample some Australian delicacies throughout the week, too.
- Jamaica: 29 July – It’s off to the tropical shores of Jamaica next, with a live steel band performing on Saturday 29 July, and plenty of tasty Caribbean treats to tuck in to during the week.
- India: 5 August – An Indian-inspired street food feast awaits you, as well as live performances by Bollywood Dancers on Saturday 5 August.
- Italy: 12 August – We’re off to the home of pizza, pasta and romance! Have your photo taken in the Lakeside gondola, indulge in some tasty Italian treats throughout the week, and have a go at making your very own masquerade mask on Saturday 12 August.
- USA: 19 August – Hopping back over the Atlantic Ocean, we’re off to the great US of A, for a basketball shootout on Saturday 19 August and American-style street food throughout the week.
- Great Britain: 26 August – Our Summer-long adventure rounds off on home shores. Bask in the last of the summer sun on our Lakeside beach deckchairs, pitch your skills against friends and family at our seaside game stalls and tuck in to a portion of good old fish and chips.
Every Thursday the centre will also play host to the Summer Night Cinema – showing a different film from around the world each week, from 7pm.
John Magee, centre manager, said: “We’re so excited about our summer season here at Lakeside Village.
“Each week we’ll be seeing the centre completely transformed, with props, music, street food and live entertainment and activities for all ages.
“It’s going to be out of this world!”
To find out more about the food and movies available each week, visit our summer event calendar here.